As an industry we are responsible for saying no to underage vaping. Join us by supporting the #NO2MINORS campaign and keep electronic nicotine delivery devices out of the hands of minors. In California the legal age to purchase e-cigarette products is 21, legal smoking age varies from state to state. Underage vaping is now being considered an epidemic, spreading awareness and responsible marketing practices is more important now than ever.
Vape products were created by adults, to be consumed by adults. Although our intentions are clear, we are taking extra precautions. We are staying on top of how we present and market our products to the public. The FDA is trying to restructure current regulations for the industry. Regrettably, some brands have not been upholding high standards. They have been a focus in the media, but they do not represent the best the e-liquid industry has to offer. Help us spread the word with the #NO2MINORS campaign.
What Retailers can do?
Retailers have been under a microscope when it comes to FDA regulations. The main goal of the vaping industry is always to assist adults when finding alternatives to traditional cigarettes. The e-liquid industry is being closely monitored by the FDA. While they admit that vaping may be a solid alternative to cigarettes, their concern is that vaping products are attracting minors. Retailers do their part by checking ID for every transaction. Along with our free print material, we have included information on the latest regulations and other resources. #NO2MINORS campaign is open to any size shop or business in our industry, we ask you to help in the fight and spread awareness.
- Check photo ID of everyone under the age of 27 who attempts to purchase vapor products.
- Only sell products to customers of legal smoking age (18+ or 21+, depending on state local laws).
- Do NOT give away free samples, including components and/or parts.
- Do NOT sell e-cigarettes in a vending machine unless in an adult-only facility.
What Consumer can do?
- Please do not help your underage friends, siblings or associates in any way purchasing vape products.
- Please do not force the retailers if you don't have a valid Photo ID or if you look younger than 35 years of age
- Please report your local vape or smoke shops to local law enforcement agencies if underage sale is reported.
- Please recycle all vape products and do not trow them in trash bins.